sofiaromualdo

The Curious Curator's Book Blog

EarthBound (Boss Fight Books, #1)
Ken Baumann
How to Do Things with Videogames
Ian Bogost
Philosophie des jeux vidéo
Mathieu Triclot

The Discworld Graphic Novels: The Colour of Magic and The Light Fantastic

The Discworld Graphic Novels: The Colour of Magic and The Light Fantastic - Terry Pratchett

I was disappointed by this book. I'm a fan of Terry Pratchett and his Discworld series, and The Color of Magic is one of my favourites, so I guess I approached this book with high expectations. I just can't help compare it with the original, and I felt that in graphic novel form it lost most of its spark. Somehow it was much less funny and much more confusing. The relationship between words and images was at times too simplistic and descriptive, and the story seemed to jump all over the place.

I've never read The Light Fantastic so I was able to enjoy it a bit more, but even so, I'm guessing the original is much better.

Also, I was rather let down by the artwork. Some of it is quite good but most of it is predictable and not very interesting. What's more, a lot of the chapter covers were pixellated.

All in all, a disappointing read, and I would recommend that people interested in Discworld read the original books instead.