sofiaromualdo

The Curious Curator's Book Blog

EarthBound (Boss Fight Books, #1)
Ken Baumann
How to Do Things with Videogames
Ian Bogost
Philosophie des jeux vidéo
Mathieu Triclot

Deception Point

Deception Point - Dan Brown

This is the third book by Dan Brown that I have read (the other two being The Da Vinci Code and Angels & Demons) and I think by now it's safe to say that I don't like him as an author. This book, like the others, reads too much like a Hollywood script for me (in fact I can totally see this being made into a movie). It's not necessarily a bad thing I guess, just not to my personal taste. Also, if you've read other books by him you'll know what to expect: a male and a female protagonist, a mystery, lots of conspiracy theories, dangerous situations to survive miraculously from, and a twist at the end. This time though, we are not dealing with religious sects but with the NASA, the CIA and the government.

Like I said, this formula isn't necessarily a bad thing, and I'm guessing Dan Brown fans will like this book. But I must admit I found it a little boring and predictable, so I can't recommend it.